Welcome to the book tour for The Darkest Torment by Gena Showalter! The author is giving away a $25 gift card. Read her top 10 favorite quotes from the book below. Check out the tour dates here.
The Darkest Torment
by Gena Showalter
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: Lords of the Underworld #12
New York Times bestselling author Gena Showalter returns with her most explosive Lords of the Underworld tale to date, about a fierce warrior on the brink of sanity who will stop at nothing to claim the exquisite human with the power to soothe the beast inside him…
Driven to his death by the demon of Distrust, Baden spent centuries in purgatory. Now he’s back, but at what cost? Bound to the king of the underworld, an even darker force, he’s unable to withstand the touch of another…and he’s quickly devolving into a heartless assassin with an uncontrollable temper. Things only get worse when a mission goes awry and he finds himself saddled with a bride—just not his own.
Famed dog trainer Katarina Joelle is forced to marry a monster to protect her loved ones. When she’s taken hostage by the ruthless, beautiful Baden immediately after the ceremony, she’s plunged into a war between two evils—with a protector more dangerous than the monsters he hunts. They are meant to be enemies, but neither can resist the passion burning between them…and all too soon the biggest threat is to her heart.
But as Baden slips deeper into the abyss, she’ll have to teach him to love…or lose him forever.
“Gena Showalter is a romantic genius.” -San Francisco Book Review
“Showalter writes fun, sexy characters you fall in love with!” -Lori Foster, New York Times bestselling author
“The Showalter name on a book means guaranteed entertainment.” -RT Book Reviews
Gena Showalter’s Top 10 Favorite Quotes from The Darkest Torment
- “I am not the monster who lives inside me.” –Baden
- Can beauty tame her beast?
- He was dead, in more ways than one…but she had brought him back to life.
- “Baden calls himself a beast, so, I’m going to train him like one. The likelihood of getting bitten? One hundred percent.” –Katarina
- “I shouldn’t risk harming you with my strength, shouldn’t relax my guard…but I will trust myself to be gentle…and I will trust you to not to betray me.” -Baden
- “There’s a time and place for killing. Always and anywhere.” –Baden, fearsome Lord of the Underworld
- If this were a fairytale, Baden would be cast as the prince…and the dragon.
- “You can’t beat the darkness, Baden.”
Baden smiled without humor. “I am the darkness.”
- He was the kind of man usually only seen in fantasies, awareness of him causing a low-grade flash-fever in every woman who glanced at him.
- “Baden might be a brute, but he’s my brute.”
Are you a fan of paranormal romances?
Have you read any of the books in this series? which one?