Welcome to my challenge for the 2017 HoHoHo Readathon! Last year I participated in the challenges and when an opportunity came up to be a host this year, I jumped at the chance! My challenge is the Holiday Story Prompt. I hope you all have fun with this one, didn’t want to make it too easy. After all, it wouldn’t be a challenge.
I want you to write a short story, conversation, scene description, etc. It can be a couple of sentences or a paragraph, or whatever you want really! You can make it sweet, funny, naughty, scary, etc.
- Choose words, as many or as few as you like, from the word bank below (see graphic).
- Don’t take it too seriously, have fun!
Here’s mine (the words from the word bank in bold):
On a cold Christmas Eve night, Santa was preparing his sleigh for the long journey ahead of him. Rudolph was being his usual stubborn self and it would take the lure of candy canes to convince him to come along. Santa grinned at the crunching and munching sounds coming from Rudolph. He tucked a few more of those in his coat pocket for himself to munch on later. He needed all the motivation he could get, for it would be a long night and snow would start to fall soon.
Look forward to reading yours!
For my give away, I’m offering one winner a book of choice, valued up to $10 from Book Depository!
Check out the other challenge hosts and enter to win!
- Reviews by Martha “Make a Holiday Sentence from Titles Mini Challenge“
- The Book Nympho, “HoHoHoRat Instagram Challenge“
- Addicted to Happily Ever After, “HoHoHoRat Word Scramble Challenge“
- I Heart Romance & YA, “HoHoHoRAT Winter Bingo Challenge“
- Maureen’s Book Blog, “HoHoHo Readathon 2017 Jigsaw Challenge“