It Happened on the Blog-July 2019
I’m officially in a blogging slump. Not sure if it’s because of summer, but I’m kind of waiting for my second wind when it comes to blogging this year. My reading hasn’t suffered, it’s just the homework associated with it. LOL.
- [4 Jul] The Corpse Played Dead by Georgina Clarke ★★★★★
- [25 Jul] The Hashtag Hunt by Kristina Seek ★★★★★
- [25 Jul] Second Hand Curses by Drew Hayes ★★★★★
- [25 Jul] Alien III by William Gibson ★★★★★
- [25 Jul] Emma by Jane Austen ★★★★★
Reviews off the blog (Goodreads)
- Manga: Sweetness and Lightning by Gido Amagakure
- Audio: A Conspiracy in Belgravia by Sherry Thomas
- Audio: The Lost World by Arthur Conan Doyle
Stand Out Reads
I went almost all Manga this month and I found some new ones to obsess over. Also, the graphic novel Teen Titans: Raven, was lovely. Can’t wait to share my thoughts with you all on that one.
Total Books Read
This month I’ve read 10 books. Now if only I can get those reviews written.
Video Game Reviews
This month was a very eventful one. I’m proud to announce a new kitten addition to my family, Tootles. She was a stray kitten that just came prancing out of our woods and right into our hearts. She was a hard one to catch though and her perches were in dangerous places, like underneath our mower and car. At one point I saw her crawl up in the wheels and she even went up inside the engine! Her favorite place was the mower though. We placed food and water for her, but every time we got near she would zoom back into the woods. It took me 3 days to put together a strategy in capturing the little rambunctious thing. We made a barrier/wall out of cut boxes which I taped together and quietly placed it around the mower. After a few nudges, poking, and prodding, we got her cornered and caught her.
We immediately knew that she was underweight and malnourished. I had thought that maybe she was 3 weeks old, but when we took her to get examined, the vet thought she could be 10-12 weeks old! Ya’ll she only weighed 1 pound when we got her. She should be 3 pounds at this stage. We weigh her every day and now she’s a 2 lbs 8 oz little package. Yay! She’s getting there. I will give more updates later this month. 🙂
Goals for July
- I really have to get these outstanding reviews written.
- I want to at least write one Shady Talk article.
It Happened on the Blog Archive
- [2 Apr] It Happened on the Blog: March 2019 Summary
- [2 May] It Happened on the Blog: April 2019 Summary
- [29 May] It Happened on the Blog: May 2019 Summary
- [1 July] It Happened on the Blog: June 2019 Summary
How was July 2019 for your blog and/or personal life. Any goals?